A few weeks ago, when my mother, in her 90's, asked me to please take a couple of boxes "of yours." I was curious as to what they could be. Tonight, I finally got around to looking through them. They included everything from a teddy bear to high school newspapers for which I wrote articles. When I ran across this very short story written for my high school English class, I have to admit: I was a little spooked. Those familiar with me and my rather unique world view will recognize its major themes:
- The evolution of virulence in horizontal transmission
- The evolution of eusociality as anathema to sexual individualism
- The absurdity of unlimited exponential reproduction
- Birth control abuse as auto-genocide, and
- The illusion of "communism" as "the enemy" when there is something far more virulent and world-threatening operating at a biological level.